Wednesday 16 May 2012

Tutorial Five: Video Production


My first fieldwork placement was in an intermediate school part of the special education unit. During this placement, I met some wonderful students that were diagnosed with autism.  My understanding of autism grew as I discovered the different aspects of this disorder as well as the presence of sensory issues. These sensory issues called sensory processing disorder affect the children's learning.


Here is a short video explaining autism.








Here is a short video that explain the basics of sensory processing disorder and how occupational therapy can help.





This next video gives a brief overview of Anna Jean Ayres' work as an occupational therapist. Her focus was in the area of sensory integration dysfunction, called today sensory processing disorder.







During my placement, I also learned about sensory rooms and the benefits it provide to children that suffer from sensory processing disorder.





This next video shows how sensory processing is disrupted and how a sensory room optimises the individual's learning.









No comments:

Post a Comment